Self-Pay Services: Strengthen your cash flow. And your patient relationships.
With implementation of the Affordable Care Act, many patients face higher self-pay balances that can affect your facility’s financial position. We have long experience helping hospitals manage their self-pay accounts. Along with deep experience, we offer you technology and best-practice processes that are beyond the capabilities of most hospitals.
Our approach can strengthen your cash flow while adhering to patient-centered processes that help you maintain and enhance your relationship with the community.
We offer a dedicated, 100% USA-based team of self-pay customer service collectors and bilingual customer service representatives — each with an average or 5+ years’ experience.
Our solutions — all based on your requirements, not ours — include:
- A team of customer service representatives dedicated to your organization, including dedicated project managers/supervisors, plus a dedicated compliance team Our own state-of-the-art patient accounting system (IMS) integrated with an interactive, automated dialer, statement and letter generation, and address confirmation/cleansing services
- HIPAA-compliant, VPN-secure connectivity to your system
- 100% call recording
- Proprietary validation waterfall for all accounts
- Client-directed workflows
- All account activity seamlessly uploaded directly to your patient accounting system
- Automated and manual skip tracing services available
- Acceptance of electronic check and credit card transactions, with payments made seamlessly to your facility
- Bad debt referral and monitoring
- Monthly recon of your system of record against our system of record
- Automated Charity Scoring
- Cass certification and NCOA services for patient statement processing
- Expanded business office hours, including weekends
- Financial assistance screening
- Multiple levels of screening for government and commercial insurance plans
- Dedicated escalation team to handle patient guarantor concerns
- Dedicated early out training program
- Monthly executive recap of collections (including consulting recommendations)
- Ability to provide statement services, including monthly patient reminders
- Ability to accept and normalize multiple client files to produce a daily input file
- Payment plan monitoring with a specialized team of CSRs
- Client-driven, custom reporting packages on a variety of call center metrics and key performance indicators
- Dedicated quality assurance auditors
They are able to identify the problems, whether it is a system issue or insurance issue, and solve them. They are sharp, capable, reliable and very easy to work with.
A true business partner, delivered what they promised.
Many of the operational improvements that Xtend implemented will produce positive results in the upcoming months and years.
Xtend accomplished a resolution rate of over 99%.