HIM Consulting and Coding: Increase Your Cash and Reduce Denials
- Lack of experienced coders creating backlogs at your facility?
- Losing time and efficiency on temporary staff?
- Need more tailored solutions?
Medical coders are critical to your revenue pipeline. But the increasing shortage of well-trained coders often causes difficult-to-manage backlogs for providers.
Hiring temporary staff can actually increase the backlog while the new coders get up to speed. Meanwhile, delayed coding and other stopgap measures can be extremely expensive — and do not permanently solve the problem.
The Xtend Solution
Our HIM Consulting and Coding services offer better performance at lower cost than temporary, in-house staff — while ensuring accurate and timely coding of medical records.
The results? Decreased denials and increased cash for you.
What makes our services distinct?
- Customization. We provide coding solutions completely tailored to your unique needs. We can build a customized solution to supplement your coding resources, or provide complete or partial outsourcing of coding functions.
- An outstanding standard of quality. Quality is our cornerstone. We guarantee 98-100% accuracy and full compliance with all applicable coding guidelines. We use only certified and experienced coders based in the US. Our outpatient coders are AAPC-certified and have at least four years of specialized experience. Our inpatient coders are AHIMA-certified with a minimum of five years of hands-on coding experience. In addition, we take extraordinary care to train our coders, and we audit them weekly for both accuracy and productivity.
- Broad experience with DRG and E&M coding. We have expertise in professional and technical coding services for inpatient, outpatient and specialty coding as well as in hospital, physician clinic and surgery center environments.
- Value-added extra mile. Most coding service providers limit their role to simply coding records. But we deliver value-added services like billing edit (diagnosis and HCPCS code) review and reconciliation for immediate claims submission, DNFB reconciliation, documentation compliance reporting, evaluation of Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) requests, and educational feedback.
- Consulting. We can provide a comprehensive, accurate review of coding, billing and reimbursement practices for your HIM areas. We will also identify areas of risk and provide support and training to implement actions for optimizing your revenue cycle.
A true business partner, delivered what they promised.
We are extremely pleased with Xtend Healthcare's performance. This partnership has produced cash flow at or above goal for the initial four months of the engagement to date, and we have seen many of the claim editing issues corrected.
Even though the Xtend staff was focused on only the aged accounts, their excellent technical skills, collection techniques and ability to resolve accounts greatly enhanced our cash collections.
Xtend management and staff displayed excellent technical competence and tenacity in pursuing the many billing/claim editing issues and account resolution/collection situations which needed to be addressed.